Now lets consider a short list of the contrasts between Statesmen and Politicians
1. A Statesman loves the Constitution and constitutional principles
A Politician hates the Constitution and constitutional principles
2. A Statesman enforces the Constitution
A Politician violates the Constitution
3. A Statesman uses truth to keep power in the hands of the people
A Politician uses lies to gain power over the people
4. A Statesman’s primary concern is to secure freedom for future generations
A Politician’s primary concern is to get elected or re-elected
5. A Statesman will not play politics with the people’s money
A Politician will take and spend the people’s money to build the government (corporation).
6. A Statesman knows the people must control government
A politician believes that government should control the people
7. A Statesman knows the people must limit the government’s power to tax
A Politician believes government should have unlimited power to tax
8. A Statesman gives his allegiance to the people and country
A Politician gives his allegiance to the government (Corporation)
9. A Statesman will demand a balanced budget
A Politician will spend money stolen from future generations
10. A Statesman will fix problems to help unify and create peace
A Politician will cause problems which result in contention and war
If you, the reader, agree with this short list, you must be a Radical Constitutionalist.
You might also be an RC if you expect your elected leaders to read and understand the laws they burden the people with.
If you even raise your eyebrows about, let alone question, the way your elected officials have handled their role in the election process, you are definitely an RC!